Monday, March 10, 2008

Comments from others

We have decided to start telling people other than family and friends about our intent to adopt from China. Yesterday at church I had an older lady ask me "you...adopt more kids?" I responded with "yes" and she said "why, you already have so many; why you want more?" Hmmm... first awkward moment. I was thinking quickly yesterday and replied with "We have more love in our house to give." She responded with an OK and went quiet. I guess I am going to need some tougher skin because we are bound to get thoughtless comments about our family life; and not necessarily from strangers or acquaintances. I have a feeling some members of our own families don't truly understand why we want to do this or fully accept it yet. I don't think they manufacture skin tough enough to handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment