Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We got an update!

I spoke with our caseworker last Thursday about trying to get an update from Claire's orphanage. I fully expected to wait a month, at least, to get any information and I tried not to get my hopes up because I know from the orphanage yahoo group that they are very difficult to get updates from. Imagine my surprise this morning when I opened my email to find two new photos of her and answers to a few questions I asked.

Oh how I just cannot wait to smoosh her little cheeks!



Information from the questions we asked:
*Her nickname is YaYa (All children are called by a nickname in their family which is usually their given name repeated. So a girl named Ting would be Ting Ting. Claire's given name is Yuan so they made her nickname YaYa.)
*She does not like meat.
*She likes little cars and is happy when she gets a new toy.
*She is afraid of insects.
*She is still living with her foster family and we are told she knows she's being adopted.
*She is currently 45 inches tall and weighs 39 lbs.

This just totally made my entire week!

4 comments:

  1. What a beauty your Claire is and how wonderful to get an update. It makes the wait seem a little more bearable doesn't it? Hope you can bring her home soon. :)

    Hugs,
    Jonni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the update. Claire is so sweet. I know she will love her new family and home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great update!!! Congrats she is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I can see how that would make your day. We too have a difficult situation with updates, they are rare, so I know what a delight this must have been. Our daughter's name is Yuan Kong. We call her, Queen Kong. Your little girl is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete