Thursday, June 10, 2010

ache



My heart aches to go back to China.
Just as much as my heart was ready to return home after being there for nearly 3 weeks, my heart wants to go back.

I miss all of it,

the history
the beauty
the colors

the people
the children
the need

the simplicity
the technology
the two of them intertwined

the red lanterns
the jade
the porcelain

the great wall
the temples
the culture

the subway
the hot pot
the supermarket

the hackey sack dances
the exercise parks
the morning exercise routines

the stores
the language
the food on a stick carts

the river
the trust
the amazing blessing

the need
oh, the need
realizing I can't fix all of the need

I miss China at times like I miss my own home. I look at my daughter, the amazing blessing China has entrusted to me and somehow feel like I'm away from home and need to go back. It's a physical yearning that I want to be there. I've been thinking of ways that will take me back to China to experience even more of it, to help fill a need, to do something, whatever that is.

I struggle with not being able to help all the children that need it. I mentally know that I can't fix it all but I feel, hmm, almost unfulfilled if I don't try to fix what I can.

I will be back in China one day; I know I will.

1 comment:

  1. We feel the same way. Both times as we are leaving, we are a little relieved to be going back home to Indiana. But then after being back a little bit, we, too, yearn for China - it's sights, sounds, and even the smells - well,most smells!

    And then there are the children that you just can't get out of your mind and heart. They will probably pull us back in the near future.

    :)
    The Bourkes
    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

    ReplyDelete