Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stories from China

Update:
We talked about China more that evening before going to bed and I asked Claire if she went to school in China. We hadn't asked her that yet because we didn't think she fully realized what school was, that is until she started going here. None of the information we received indicated that she'd been in school but imagine our surprise when she told us Yes, she went to school in China! We asked her if it was a small school or a big school and she said "BIGuh, really BIGuh school." She also told us that she had friends there and that her teacher was nice. She finished up the night telling us "I like-uh China" and I told her that I like China very much too. She understands now that when we talk about China we are referring to where she lived before us.
__________________________________________

Original Post:
To my surprise, Claire decided to start telling us about her life in China today. She told us that she had a dog at her Nai Nai's house and that he was big and black with a white chest. I asked her if the dog scared her and she said no (which isn't what I was expecting with her fear of dogs here) and then I asked her if he ever bit her and she said no. We have avoided talking about her China Nai Nai too much because I didn't want to make her sad. But today when she started talking about her dog I asked her if the dog stayed in Nai Nai's house and she said no. I asked her if she misses her nai nai and she said yes and then I asked her if she loved China Nai Nai. She smiled and said yes and then I told her that I love China Nai Nai too, to which she responded by giving me a kiss. The last thing I asked her is if China Nai Nai loved Claire and she said yes. I told her that I love China Nai Nai because she loved Claire and took good care of her. I can't wait to learn more about her first seven years.

No comments:

Post a Comment